Nick Benson: Building a Simple, Responsive Website with ExpressionEngine
Covered some of the basics of building a simple blog based website with ExpressionEngine using the new TwinCities-EE.com as an example.
Highlights / Links
- View and download the slides from slideshare
- RSS template
- Disqus Commenting platform
- Easy iCalendar add-on
- Disabling index.php with .htaccess
- Structure page management add-on
- SEO Lite meta management add-on
- Complex Conditionals
- Twitter Template Workaround
- Minimee CSS/JS minification and caching add-on
- css3-mediaqueries.js library for enabling media queries in IE8 and below
Brian Litzinger: Upcoming Features from BoldMinded; Preload/Replace
He also discussed using preload/replace to pass variables into snippets; see this blog post by Low for more details.
Josh demo'd a new website, still in beta, that featured some nice front-end work, including a slick paralax image slider.
Angie provided some insanely delicious peanut butter / cookie dough stuffed whoopie pies.
- Josh Anderson, The Nerdery
- Nick Benson, PressEnter
- Daniel Edwins, Neuger Communications Group
- Jason Dicks, The Nerdery
- Randy Geise, Geise+Design
- Sarah Hicks, Sarah Lynn Design
- Jeremiah Isaacson, PictureMe Universe
- Brian Litzinger, BoldMinded / The Nerdery
- Angie Norlen, The Nerdery
- Than Tibbets, Dirigible
- Adrienne Travis, The Nerdery
- Ryan Wilkinson, PressEnter
Corrections, comments, and additions are encouraged; please leave a comment!